Cambridge Shrine Club Donation to CMH

Gary Stewart, President of the Cambridge Shrine Club presents a cheque to Rosemary Lywood, Manager of Women & Children’s. The funds are from the Shrine Club’s Bingo proceeds and go to assist local kids, like the ones we serve at CMH.

This donation of $6,000 will purchase one of the Crib Stretchers like the one pictured, that will be moved into the new wing with the department later this year. Thank you Cambridge Shriners for your gifts of over $155,000 to CMH over the years!

Government funding covers 90% of the building upgrades and new addition, include the new Pediatric Wing. The Hospital relies on the community for the remaining 10% and all the equipment including the Crib Stretchers. The Cambridge Shrine Club is proud to contribute to the Cambridge Memorial Hospital Pediatric Wing.

Fun fact: Did you know that Shriner’s head wear is properly called a ‘Fez’?